Thursday, April 23, 2015

This is "thin privilege"

I'm going to list out all the reason I don't have "thin privilege"
Read the list on thin privilege here >click<

(I am 5'3 and I weight 103lbs)

1. You’re not assumed to be unhealthy just because of your size.) I am assumed to be unhealthy because of my size

2. Your size is probably not the first thing people notice about you.) My size is something most people notice and comment on

3. When you’re at the grocery store, people don’t comment on the food selection in your cart.) This one is true unless I'm buying a vegetarian product

4. Your health insurance rates are not higher than everyone else’s.) I have free health care, so

5. You can expect to pay reasonable prices for your clothing.) This one is true

6. You can expect to find your clothing size sold locally.) I actually can't always find my size, sometimes I have to go in the kids section. My bra size isn't manufactured because I'm a C cup but 30 inches around, so I have to wear a bra that doesn't fit me.

7. You can expect to find clothing in the latest styles and colors.) This is true, but on the contrary my mother is overweight and she wears pretty nice clothes. Maybe the person who made this list isnt shopping at the right places?

8. You don’t receive suggestions from your friends and family to join weight-loss programs.) This is very true. Instead I get told to eat and eat and eat, some people even joke about shoving food down my face.

9. When you go to the doctor, they don’t suspect “weight-related” diagnoses as the first/most likely diagnosis.) Actually I have had my doctor tell me I'm too skinny and I need to gain weight. In all honesty fat or thin you should take your doctors advice.

10. You don’t get told, “You have such a pretty/handsome face” implying: if only you’d lose weight you could be even more attractive.) Nope, I get told if I gain weight I'll be more attractive. Haven't you ever seen that meme "only dogs go for bones"?

11. People do not assume that you are lazy, based solely on your size.) This one is right, they assume I'm lazy because I'm lazy.

12. You’re not the brunt of jokes for countless numbers of comedians.) I've gotten up from eating to go to the bathroom and I had to hear someone say something along the lines of "are you going to go throw up". When I eat something sometimes people will say "is that your first meal today or this week?". But neither are you, comedians make fun of everyone including them self.

13. Airlines won’t charge you extra to fly.) I've never been on an airplane

14. You are not perceived as looking sloppy or unprofessional based on your size.) This is true but many heavier people can look professional as well.

15. You can eat what you want, when you want in public and not have others judge you for it or make assumptions about your eating habits.) Go back and look at 12, the eating disorder jokes are getting old.

16. You can walk out of a gas station with a box of doughnuts and not have people yell at you to “Lay off them doughnuts, fatty!”.) I don't eat much junk food and I don't think anyone, despite weight, should eat much junk food. So since I've never bought a box of donuts I can't even answer this question.

17. People don’t ask your partners what it’s like to have sex with you because of your size.) People ask about other peoples sex lives all the time, despite weight.

18. Your body type isn’t sexualy fetished.) Actually it is, everything is fetished

19. You’re more likely to get a raise or promotion than someone who is fat.) This is not true

20. Friends don’t describe you to others using a qualifier.) This is true

21. The media doesn’t describe your body shape as part of an “epidemic".) Wait, how do you even respond to that?

22.  You can choose to not be preoccupied with your size and shape because you have other priorities, and you won’t be judged.) Everyone will be judged for their body and their hair and their skin color and their sexuality and their gender, this is life and life is not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fluttershy - Vertical ResizeFluttershy - Vertical Resize